An Open Letter: Reflections On The NIH Interview With Franklin Graham
Dear Dr. Who
I watched (twice) your interview with Franklin Graham of Samaratin’s Purse regarding the Covid-19 vaccines and the musings between you over the safety and efficacy of the vaccines and your frustration with the apparent lack of willingness for about 90,000,000 of America’s finest to roll up their sleeves and volunteer for the jab.
I will say at the outset for you and for my readers (mostly for my readers, since I’m assuming you’ll not really be reading this) that I’m not a medical professional. Not at all.
Now, I’m a fairly smart guy and I know how to reason logically. But there are so many things about the coronavirus and these vaccines you’re pushing that I don’t know. I’m not going to propose to teach you anything here about the virus or the vaccines.
But you made a statement in that interview (a number of them, actually) starting at about the 2:35 mark that just leaves me scratching my head in disbelief.
You commented to Rev. Graham that there are about 90,000,000 Americans who are still unwilling to roll up their sleeves to get the jab and you’re having a hard time understanding why.
Pardon me, sir. But as the head of the NIH, if you think these vaccines are the cat’s pyjamas and 90 million citizens don’t want to partake, shouldn’t you be making more of an effort to find out why people are reluctant to get the jab?
Look. I get that you’re convinced you’ve got a wonderful product here. You rattle off all kinds of statistics about how safe they are and how effective they are at preventing extreme symptoms from Covid. You think the evidence is quite compelling that this vaccine is an answer to prayer.
But you seem oblivious to the fact that millions of Christians, having prayed about taking this vaccine, believe God is showing them quite clearly not to get it. And you don’t know why.
Shouldn’t you be asking them why?
But the problem (for me, at least, and I know I’m far from alone) is that all the information you gave out about your take on these vaccines has nothing to do with the medical issues that concern me and millions of others.
At about 3:56 in the video, you say it is interesting that 96% of healthcare providers have been vaccinated – that as people who have the evidence, they’ve clearly rolled up their sleeves to get the vaccine.
Question for you: of the 96% of medical professionals who have gotten the vaccine, what percentage of those have gotten it under duress – under threat of losing their jobs if they didn’t take the jab?
What percentage of these people who are health care workers got the vaccine, not because they believed in it, but were threatened to lose their jobs if they refused it or spoke out against it?
Shouldn’t you find out?
You don’t speak to any of my concerns about this thing:
- How many injuries have there been with this vaccine that you are aware of? Why is this vaccine still being held up as the best way forward, when typically 25 or 50 deaths from a shot would remove a vaccine from the running in trials?
- Why did Moderna/Pfizer stop their trials before they were done? Why was this allowed? Do you know this is a concern among the vaccine hesitant? What do you have to say about that?
- Why do you not speak to the concerns those of us have about the “holy war” on ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine , when even YOUR WEBSITE has an article speaking to the effectiveness of ivermectin as a treatment for Covid? Are you even aware of this page on the NIH website?
- Are you aware that your NIH website says, “Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally,” and do you understand why we are bothered this information keeps getting buried by the mainstream media?
- Do you have concerns that the multitude of medical professionals speaking out about the potential dangers of this vaccine are being systematically targeted and removed from Facebook, YouTube and Twitter? Do you have concerns they are being fired from their teaching posts at medical schools across the country, even though many of them have dozens of peer-reviewed papers to their credit?
- On that note, do you even know who Florence Nightengale was and why she is an important historic figure from medical history?
- Why do you continue to speak of this as a vaccine as opposed to an mRNA technology/gene therapy? Do you not know that the people who are concerned about getting this thing have specific concerns about that and that is the difference that causes them to hesitate? Are you aware that gene therapies have a whole higher level of testing and if so, why are you not speaking to the safety of this thing through THAT lens?
- Would you reconsider any of your statements now, considering how the results of this in Israel are continuing to look like the worst problems in Israel are among the vaccinated as compared to the unvaccinated?
- Are you aware of the results in Sweden from taking a non-lockdown approach and how herd immunity appears to have taken effect there without a vaccine?
- If you are concerned about people and their health, why are you not speaking to vitamin C and D, and to zinc – as immune boosters? (Maybe you do, but why are so many hospitals refusing to even add these to the protocols?)
- Do you even know about the concerns raised by so many doctors regarding the over-reporting of Covid as a cause of death when this is plainly not the case in so many deaths? Do you have any awareness of the payouts for reporting
Doc, I could go on and on. But the plain fact of the matter is you never spoke to the very issues that are of concern to the unvaccinated. You’re only ever preaching to the choir.
And, quite frankly, it seems you’re drastically uninformed as to the issues we need addressed before your advice will do any more than convince people like you that our concerns are unfounded.
Sigmund Frued was known to have said that “Christianity is a process whereby we teach people only to ask the questions for which we have answers.”
If you want to reach me, please hear the questions I am asking, and answer those. Otherwise, I already have heard what you’re saying and already know why it means nothing to me. But it is a sad commentary on how inadequate your approach is.
Maybe the government’s carrot-and-stick approach wouldn’t need so much stick if the carrots were what we were really hungry for. Just sayin’…..